After recent scare of TB and HIV,
Monday, January 30, 2012
After recent scare of TB and HIV,
Friday, January 27, 2012
What a start to the Dragon Year!
I have not had illness, fever, for as long as I could remember.
To the point that I thought, you know, no bug can touch me.
But I spent my Gong Xi Fa Cai in Male Medical Ward.
Not working, but being worked up.
I wanted to share a few things, I think it is important, especially for fellows housemen.
1. When fall sick, dont self medicate. Of if really so confident with the diagnosis, do some investigations (LOGICAL) ones. Cough + Fever ---> do a blardy Xray.
2. When seek treatment, find someone you dont know. Treating or being treated by someone you know tend to lead to cutting corners. Doctor's confidence lies on the fact that doctors know disease better than patient.
3. Have a thermometer at home. You know greatly benefit from numbers, not your gut feeling.
4. Dont stay with other housemans, ONLY. There's no other people to buy you food when you are sick, because all are working, all the time.
5. Despite what had been said that we are working so much less that our lives are so much easier nowadays, we are at higher and higher risk actually than what the old times. We have so much more bloods to take, so much more blood to send and trace. The number of positive biohazards we handled are significantly more than previous years, thats just the demographics. So please be careful, it only take one poke to say byebye.
6. Pinjam from words of bro dyson ceo coke: In life we are juggling a few balls with our hands, ball of health, family, friends, personal, and work. the Work's ball is made of rubber, it bounces. The others are made of glass. Take good care of your glassy balls. (But dont dump your shit to other people coz they also have the same balls to juggle)
I am sure you guys want to know what exactly happened to me.
My story goes like this:
I felt unwell, feverish on the 18th night. I slept early, didnt eat anything, thought can diet.
I woke up on the 19th, still going to work, not feeling quite right yet, but as we know, we all think: it will go away.
I had gone to work with this type of feeling before this and it went well after a while. So that day, i was feverish, took panadol (pakai mulut not the rectal ones) and i was well to go until lunch time.
Feeling feverish again. Another set of panadol in after lunch. Lasted till 5pm (my shift was until midnight) but after that i just too weak to talk
**Ladies and gentleman: TALKING Is Ang Choon Seong's 6th Vital Signs. Unable to talk means, very sick, presumed sepsis.**
I went home midnight, finished 3Litre water and 4 rounds of panadol, but fever persist in between doses of Panadol (6 hour apart) I started to have more cough, started to sound like chest infection.
The next day my friend brought me antibiotics.
With antibiotics, my cough-out phlegm becoming better looking, but still the feverish thing still come and go with panadol.
I went to A&E to get a sick leave because I am on night shift the next day, i dont think i can work, at all.
My friend in A&E gave me one, as my story and look, does deserving needs.
The next day i stay at home, same thing happened. On off fever, cough cough cough, slightly btetter
Alas, I went to work on the 4th day of illness AKA FIRST DAY OF DRAGON YEAR. (i memang supposed to work on that day, and somemore i heard got severe lack of people) after taking panadol.
In ward i didnt do much, dare not to cough, dare not to go near kids, go pinjam the thermometer in ward to check my temperature.
WAH - 40 C
Means all the while my fever is higher than 40!!!
I run straight to X ray department, do X ray to check where is this source of high grade fever.
PONG ----> huge white white dragonball in my right middle lobe.
Went straight to A&E for admission. And its, the FIRST DAY OF DRAGON YEAR.
Foodnod: I was being suspected to have TB or HIV, due to the fact that I am young healthy and yet having such a chest infection. I cant stop thinking: Did i needle poke? no.... did i did this did i did that...SO SCARED!!!
But now, investigated and cleared of TB and HIV. Hoho. I am well and planned for discharge coming morning.
THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO CAME TO SEE ME. TO SUVINTHERAN AND KHAIRUNNISA, YOU TWO ARE MY GREATEST ROOM SERVICER FOR ALL MY 3 MEALS. I FELT LIKE I AM IN MACDONALD HOSPITAL BECAUSE I ATE BUBUR AYAM MACD EVERYDAY. THANKS TO JAMES KOH FOR THE LOGISTICS OF MY DAILY PRODUCTS AND SHARLYN FOR THE MOST USEFUL MUG AND SPOON IN MY LIFE (i have never knew spoon and mug are so useful)
HAPPY. CHINESE. NEW. YEAR.
Have a healthy year.
Monday, January 16, 2012
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Friday, January 13, 2012
I like mi goreng so much so that I would eat 3 times a day.