Saturday, June 21, 2014

Amusing

I always find my mum very, very amusing.

4 years ago she was in UK for my graduation.

The story of her admiration of the automatic water basin in the airport (of Amsterdam actually, and Msia also got la) and the cunning but hardworking parking attendant every morning who gave saman right on the dot if you din move your car when the meter started to effective at ?745am (my house is on 3rd floor with metered-car parking space below) still lingers nowadays.

But what I also remembered was that, it was midway through World Cup 2010 in South Africa during her stay in Edinburgh.

My housemate, a Malay, said my mum always sit in the living room to wait for the football match, and then excitingly watch the game with him in the living room, and was telling him lots of things; in Chinese (actually she said she kept asking Wafi which team I am betting on, I wasnt betting actually).

Nowadays, with nothing much to do other than work, I followed the worldcup very closely.

I would stay awake at night to watch the football game, and sometimes, she did as well (altho most of the time her eyes are half closed)

She would be very excited to find out which team I am betting on, and she would be so anxiously cheering for them!

Sometimes I cannot take it and dozed off in my room awaiting the game (especially the last game at 6am), she would wake me up, ask me what team I m betting on, and then switches on the TV and watch the game on her own

She will keep saying the bad things about the opponent, push ppl la, pull ppl la, etc etc.

Hahaha. funny I tell you.

So many players she wanted to send them off or substituting them off.

Luckily she is not a ref or the coach, or else, all the games would be aborted due to no more players left. :P

She does know a few things about football after this week, such as the half time break is 20 minutes, and the addition time is never more than 5mins, but I still persistently fail in my multiple attempts to explain the "offside rule" to her. 

Tonight the games are still ON!

Go Go Go!

No comments: