Thursday, October 09, 2014

Hiking in Penang

Penang has lot of places for hiking, in particular beginners like me! (Be humble with your hiking skills)

You can start with really easy routes like no3, no5 and moongate in Botanical Garden/Youth Park there. It takes about 40mins of leisure hike.

I like high altitude, partly my surviving instinct as I can't swim. And I like the fresh air.

The view from no5 is not the best of views but still, the air is fresh and this is really a treat for people who are working in Georgetown.

Otherwise, drive to the Air Itam Dam. Go in the early morning and you will be humbled by the fresh air n mists, really doest look like Penang at all. Have a slow walk around the dam. It is tar road and about 1.3km one round if I remembered correctly.

There are others more interesting tracks n peaks like Penang Hill, Kerachut, Laksamana trail and etc.

Always go as comfortable as you can.

All of us can hike, we evolved to hike in and out of jungle.

Just take it slowly and as relaxing as possible. Bring one favourite food and put in your bag.

One of my best moments in life is when I had my Nasi Kandar in Pantai Kerachut many years ago.

I hope to hike two to three peaks a year. That's my KPI.

And here you go, Air Itam Dam.

Nice right the view? Can drive all the way up.

No comments: