Saturday, January 23, 2016

Belleview and Property Purchase



I bought my first property rather inexperiencedly, i admit.

Well, I must say that buying property is a very steep learning curve. I would put it as equal as choosing a life partner, because, you are going to be with this commitment for life (oh well, unless you are speculator, or you are damn rich person)

I would like to write this entry just to make sure somewhere someone who read this will think twice when you buy a property.

1. Property Construction Company.

Serious, BELLEVIEW GROUP is a total disappointment. When I first saw the apartment that I bought in a fair, i googled BELLEVIEW GROUP. It seems like a good, trustable, oldie in this field.

Wrong, very wrong. But it is a good learning opportunity. Not only the worksmanship is less than shoddy, the way they treat us post sales is deplorable. No way that I will buy another property with Belleview Group of Companies.

My experience dealing with them and afterwards with other companies and contractor and other buyers chitchating - best trustable names are still IJM, SETIA, BSG, Ideal. Ya. Dont transact with Belleview, unless it is absolutely bargain, oh well, I wont still.

2. Lawyer

Now, I worked as a medical officer in a busy government hospital (time of purchase). I have very little knowledge in legal process of purchasing a property. As a medical person, I see logic in every step in whatever we do. For example we do a CXR before starting biologics treatment to avoid having a patient with TB on biologics. But why are we paying the lawyers so much money for a stack of photostated agreement?

I have only spoken once with her, during which I made the full payment of the legal fees (approx my one and half month salary), for 15 minutes.

And the rest of it, I only see her clerk (a very junior officegirl) whereby I signed all the documents. And I knew it was merely clerical photostated because, it was the similar ones, with different names, number of unit, and dates when I accompanied my good friend to the office - he bought the nearby unit of the similar apartment with me.

I cant help but asking - what is the value adding in this transaction?

I still not knowing what is my rights, nor what I should do in unsatisfactory transaction with the seller. None.

(*the reason of my rants is that I cant imagine the same done by a doctor to a patient, imagine you paying me one month salary and I let my junior nurse talk to u for a procedure I do for you when u are asleep...cannnot right, because we are doctors right? Can feel my sarcasm?)






******************To be Continue**************when I am free. Sorry, need to attend to my patient, for an exorbitant  fee of rm20/consultation of 10 minutes me talking to the patient face to face and take the liability of being a cheater if the symptoms worsened.


1 comment:

human being said...

Please write the second part :)